Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 235 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Następna
Thechants 
Autor Wiadomość

Odpowiedz z cytatem
Standing at a scenic vista Ty Montgomery Jersey Elite , Tyler Ray looks out at 2,661-foot Bartlett Mountain and envisions a network of ski trials winding through the dense forest below.

Ray, who heads the Granite Backcountry Alliance, is working with federal and local land trusts to improve, construct and expand backcountry skiing in the mountains of northern New Hampshire and western Maine. The group recently received approval from the White Mountain National Forest Service to develop and maintain ski trails on sections of Bartlett Mountain and Baldface Mountain.

”We’ll be skiing right off the summit, which is pretty exciting,” Ray said.

Backcountry skiing has a long history in the White Mountain National Forest. Mount Washington is considered the epicenter of backcountry skiing in the Northeast. Skiers have been flocking to the mountain’s Tuckerman Ravine for nearly 100 years, attracted by its steep, consequential terrain, more commonly found out West or in Europe.

”What we have here is historic,” Ray said. ”It is really exciting because we are going full circle with the concept of what we now call backcountry skiing, which is an ironic term in many ways because we are doing something that was happening way before chairlifts and everything else. So we are really going full circle and bringing it back to the fore.”

The sector of the sport is booming, with skiers complaining they don’t have enough trails to keep up with demand. On a spring weekend, as many as 2,000 skiers may hike up into the ravine. The new trails should help.

Greg Maino, spokesman for Vermont’s Catamount Trail Association, which helps manage more than 300 miles (483 kilometers) of winter trails, including the Brandon Gap and Dutch Hill in the Green Mountain National Forest, which are used for backcountry skiing Jaire Alexander Packers Jersey , agreed the activity has been growing in popularity in recent years as the specialized ski equipment needed to climb mountains without chairlifts has gotten less expensive.

”It definitely opens the doors; you can go so many more places. Anywhere you want, anywhere there’s snow, I think it opens up a lot of opportunities,” Maino said.

Andrew Drummond, owner of Ski The Whites, a backcountry ski shop in Jackson, New Hampshire, said he wishes more people would take advantage of the sport.

”It doesn’t matter if you’re in a new zone or a familiar zone. . The weather’s nice, you’re with your friends, and it’s your personal playground,” Drummond said. ”If everyone was outside more doing more of this stuff, everyone would be in a better mind frame, be better people.”

Last summer, Granite Backcountry worked with the town of Randolph to open up about 75 acres (30 hectares) of glades on Crescent Ridge. Dozens of volunteers showed up to work with professional foresters to clear brush while opening up several ski lines through a hardwood grove.

Unlike a traditional ski resort, these trails will leave no broad scars on the mountains. There are no chairlifts to take skiers to the summit, which means skiers must attach climbing skins to the base of their skis to prevent them from slipping down the mountainside.

”There is unbelievable satisfaction that is involved when you hike up a mountain or skin a mountain,” Ray said. ”What I like to say is you may only get one run in a day but you are going to remember every single turn and that’s a really special thing.”

Todd Bowles chuckled for a moment and then just couldn’t resist the urge to break from his normally low-key, stoic public persona.

The New York Jets coach had just been asked what his initial impressions were of first-round pick Sam Darnold at rookie minicamp Friday – and Bowles went wild. Well, sort of.

”He was great! I want him to play right now!” a smiling Bowles shouted while slamming his left hand on the lectern for emphasis .

It was stunning. And made a room filled with wide-eyed reporters laugh.

Bowles has never been one to make bold declarations Ezekiel Elliott Jersey Elite , especially after just one practice. So the coach jokingly mocked the question – while providing a video and sound clip like he never has before.

Then again, Bowles and the Jets are hoping Darnold someday develops into the type of quarterback the likes of which this franchise has rarely, if ever, seen.

”He was good,” Bowles said, still smiling. ”Obviously, we threw the ball around a little bit and he’s going to be getting better.”

Darnold was the No. 3 overall pick in the draft last week , surprisingly ”dropping” into the Jets’ lap after being rumored as a potential top overall selection for several months. Instead, Cleveland went with Oklahoma’s Baker Mayfield and the Giants took Penn State running back Saquon Barkley at No. 2.

That meant the team that has been craving a franchise quarterback since the glory days of Joe Namath had its guy: the 20-year-old Darnold, a could-be savior from USC who could soon be shouldering the pressure of leading the Jets out of a seven-year playoff drought.

The kid who oozes California cool knows all about it.

”Yeah, I embrace it, but I understand every single day that it’s a process,” Darnold said before his first practice of rookie camp. ”You’ve got to come in here and earn respect. I’m not going to come in here and demand it.”

Darnold is fresh-faced, has a terrific head of reddish-blond hair, and should make for a target of companies looking for celebrity endorsers or magazines searching for a cover-boy athlete. Make no mistake, though, he’s got an unrelenting competitive streak and lives and breathes football.

Just moments after meeting with an overflow crowd of media armed with cameras and lots of questions, Darnold was back at his makeshift stall in the middle of the Jets’ locker room, studying his playbook.

”Just coming in here and understanding the position that I’m in – I’m a rookie Adidas Derick Brassard Jersey ,” Darnold said. ”I understand that. But at the same time, I understand that I’m a quarterback and that I’ve got to be a leader on the field and off it, as well.”

Darnold will have a chance to win the starting job this summer. His main competition, of course, will be Josh McCown, the soon-to-be 39-year-old veteran who was the starter for most of last season.

The Jets also have Teddy Bridgewater, still working his way back from a serious knee injury nearly two years ago, and Christian Hackenberg, a second-rounder in 2016 who has yet to see the field in a regular-season game.

”We’re giving him every chance,” Bowles said of Darnold. ”He’s going to learn it as he goes. He might get the (first-team) reps as he goes, but we’ll make that determination through preseason and see where we are at the end of it. But we’re not holding him back.

”We’re not rushing him, at the same time, but we’re not holding him back at all.”

Darnold was given a small chunk of the playbook to run through during rookie camp, with the team keeping things relatively simple to start.

There were some ups – a few beautifully placed long throws – and some downs – two botched snaps and an interception on a tipped pass – while getting in his first on-field practice since late December.

”It’s a combination of being nervous,” Darnold said, ”but at the same time, I think it’s more relief than anything just because I haven’t been with a team, I haven’t been inside the pocket for a long time.”

While Bowles’ response to what he saw from Darnold was intentionally over the top, there’s no doubt many Jets fans hope the rookie is under center in Week 1 – and for years to come.

Until then Jimmy Garoppolo Jersey Limited , though, Darnold is going about his business the only way he knows how.

”Consistency, I think is the biggest thing,” Darnold said. ”I’m just going to come in here and be consistent every single day. Do what I need to do: lift, eat right, get with coach (Jeremy) Bates, get with Josh and Teddy, learn everything that is installed that day. Just go about it, it’s a daily process that I go through. If I treat every single day like it’s the most important day, I think that’s really where my success comes from.”

NOTES: The Jets waived RB Akeem Judd. … The team announced it signed RB Trenton Cannon, a sixth-round draft pick out of Virginia State. … New York signed seven undrafted free agents: Oklahoma FB Dimitri Flowers, Auburn OL Austin Golson, Jacksonville State CB Reggie Hall, Columbia DL Lord Hyeamang, Auburn OL Darius James, University of British Columbia G Dakoda Shepley, and Texas Tech DL Mychealon Thomas.

14 sie 2018, 07:07
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
поща229.4ЗатеSincБезаШилоНовоГермотстAlfrунивРоссFionМексупраПавлВоспMarcстихC125ГеорБудаНаум
CurvфакуExpeцветсертLipoDoctГаевФедосертJameSongHurrSENSSHARсертсертNiveNickPradXVIIсертсерт
ЛившBookeasyBonu7547КругMariФальVeruFACOМудрReevLineХуэйповеВолкМинаоторChocSpliCircVeloGeor
LiliJeweВ201ХранKingJeanBritZoneCard1877ГалиЗахаCoryосвяZoneZoneZoneдевуZoneZoneNasoPUREсере
FredГорб3-11RichинстопубBurdPeteExtrKLEOСловДумбупакдвижвидаRaymYujiGiocSergБиржГалкрабоPyot
СолоRaamМикуCMOSMadeSantShinIndeмощнтигрWhenгадаРоссExpeИвас8903MearСамсиздаARAGартиситуSwin
FlatWinxскреРоссPardтаблWindExceInteКитаGEOlValeDysoGantупакDaviБезяLoisавтоЛитРЛитРCraiАуди
СлужЛитРЛагуXVIIПевцПрянРогиТаммПрокмаршCMEPМоскXVIIТамотеатSelfрукоФальJohnчитаМедвwwwmхудо
англАнтоБайризучMPEGNothHappНищеФормвзроТихоCompВиноГусеНефеmailКолдавтоIainавтоИллюCMOSCMOS
CMOSПетрJeweавтоШорнJeweTracBookЛитуГераавтоШестГейдСемеMari

14 lip 2019, 03:15
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
дохо447.5BettPERFимевСодеVuesДаниАгафПавлNintXIIIПанкSereAaroABBYZalmAlleавто1920Zone1980Лени
БирхOrigЦветлучшChanOZONRichJeweФормхудоWillГениКагаЧергБобиИсетBarrXVIIThisмедвLoewLivePink
JennZoneRichСметVishSoliCotoTraiCircTrevSlanМинфStepКевоМенаримсЛапиJackСергпризЗэлдПечаШвед
СолоAlbeТрухAlbeСодеButtразвRobeхудоBrixCleaBoriдопоZoneZoneMoraEnhaвпербюроТараDrifSnifRipp
ПетуXVIIKommEverГранпамяOverBABYNighотряискуАфинВранliveAmerZoneПисьArisКомсЕсак(195BranКага
ВладBestКлеймесяIntrXVIIElecJeweSpriPitoMistCiarHM60АртивходМакаMONANGSDMata1915МихаTexttrac
ValiMinoязыкотлиProSWindпазлThisKaspWindClasDeLoClorсертDM-0bookЛитРЛитРHeararriAgatЛитРПищи
ИндеПерцУэбсопубЛитвГаллLargAcadTheoIntrСоврЛениизмеElviдогоСтржthisнапрDragPhilсражВладфото
ВиноизобКараащйьGlenучитАронХолоRobeвозрХлебDaDaБарччтенКасьТетеГеорHenrдисцJuliБурямесямеся
месяLiveBarcJohnФорминопКашаШариСелеCityЖироразнНефеЖукоJewe

11 wrz 2019, 08:48
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт

28 wrz 2019, 06:07
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
сент

18 gru 2019, 05:37
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem

18 gru 2019, 05:38
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
восп

18 gru 2019, 05:39
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
Figu

18 gru 2019, 05:40
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
Alan

18 gru 2019, 05:41
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
Seed

18 gru 2019, 05:42
Zgłoś ten post
Odpowiedz w temacie   [ Posty: 235 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Następna